"To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images." - Plato



Professor Hyde and the Education System


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






Earlier this week I had a meeting with Professor K about the progress of my internship at work (its also a school externship) . I walked in right on time and saw him sitting in the lounge. We customarily greeted one another, and I noticed immediately that he was wearing his Mr. Hyde persona. I felt a twang of discomfort run down my neck and through my shoulders on reading his tense, unemotional face. However, my unease quickly faded as he looked at his watch and acknowledged I was on time. 'Maybe this won't be so bad,' I thought to myself. ...ummm WRONG!

We sat down and he asked for my progress log. '...the progress log? OH DAMN! the progress log, I forgot the progress log!' Well, this was obviously a good noose to hang me with even if I did have all the information needed for the log. My neck is still aching. Not to mention the spinning of my head. It was like a the confusion voodoo spin doctor had come to wreak havoc on the actual effort I have put into this project. I wasn't able to formulate why I was so shocked at what he said during the meeting until I thought about our last meeting. The direction he gave me then was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what he was giving me now! AAHHHAAHAHAAA! I'm gonna have to meet with him again and flatten out this stuff cause all the prior two weeks worth of work has been based on the previous opposite directions.
Speaking of 'education' the Signs of the Times have put out an excellent podcast on this issue this weekend. It's worth listening to as well as reading the supporting material.
I was going to post some excerpts from the articles referenced, but I could do them no justice in doing that - you'll have to go to the podcast to check them out if interested.
One thing I am sure of and have been for some time,
The Public school system was not created for education!


0 Responses to “Professor Hyde and the Education System”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Cave writings

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


I am nerdier than 74% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Blogarama - The Blog Directory