"To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images." - Plato



vanity


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The only consistancy with my vanity, however hypocritical it may be, is it never ceases to shock me and it is always present when I'm certain it isn't. It doesn't matter the topic or the level of information I've processed or thought I have - vanity is always there. Where ever vanity is present, lies lurk not far behind. It is a manifestation of something false within. What is it in me that triggers this destructive self love? The most ignorant man alive certainly can be most vain (we can take a peek inside the White House to verify this he he) but so can the most intelligent of scientists - perhaps vanity demonstrates our level of developed (or undeveloped) level of empathy, how we communicate with our conscience.

I think its interesting that I react most vainly (or so I think) when I see a level of vanity in another. Pretty funny. Some say that which we despise in others is what we despise in ourselves. I think it makes sense that the outer programs we react most to are those which are the most ingrained in us - it is interesting the relationship that exists there. It would seem that vanity is also a part of a larger system - that which seeks to destroy another. Maybe it is a mask of our own fear and cowardness. It can be amazing how many masks we wear.

It's ironic, the momments we seem the most honest are when we see how much we lie.


1 Responses to “vanity”

  1. Blogger Broadband Guy 

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Cave writings

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


I am nerdier than 74% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Blogarama - The Blog Directory