"To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images." - Plato



Death as an eternal companion


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




"Death is our eternal companion," don Juan said with a most serious air. "It is always to our left, at an arm's length. It was watching you when you were watching the white falcon; it whispered in your ear and you felt its chill, as you felt it today. It has always been watching you. It always will until the day it taps you."

~ Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan: the lessons of Don Juan


Don Juan told Casteneda later in the story that you cannot be self important while facing your own death. How could you wear these false and vain layers if you're to face something so real? And so I think one cannot face death while wrapped in illusions of the self and the world around us.

Last night I felt like I might die if I stay here in the United States much longer. It was the most vivid taste of death I've experienced of myself and has strongly stuck with me throughout today. I've been in a car accident where I likely 'should be dead.' I've had someone very close to me die unexpectedly. Both of these events brought me close to looking at my own death, but last night was the closest and most chilling I've known.

What brought this on has been a continual look at our economic situation and the 'straw' was listening to the Economic Apocalypse podcast put out by Signs of the Times. In it is a very likely description of what the world will be facing very shortly. Starvation, complete lockdown, death, and complete control. The window for escape out of the US is closing fast. The Bird Flu epidemic is not far off, and when this occurs it will likely be the event that stops worldwide movement. What is there to do? Work like hell (and I mean a personal work, not meaning work for 'the man').

There is no more time left.


0 Responses to “Death as an eternal companion”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Cave writings

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


I am nerdier than 74% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!
Blogarama - The Blog Directory